Sunday, March 25, 2012
From Milongas to Salkantay
I won't have time to write about Argentina, but I'll briefly share some pics and highlights. Angie, Jo, and I met Yohko in Buenos Aires and spent a few days exploring the beauty and brusquety. We ate great Italian food and steak (hadn't had one since my pre-Veggie days, but worth the wait), drank lots of Malbec, danced, shopped, walked, and enjoyed some of the best coffee I've ever had (not sure if this is because of my love with the country or it really was just that good). One of my favorite nights was watching Tango at a mostly locals only milonga.
Yohko, Jo, and I had a few extra days and explored the best of Mendoza thanks to Jon's recs. After that I headed to Peru to tie up loose research ends and met Yohko, Tonia (aka Dirt Kid), and Sasank (aka Cookie Monster) for the Salkantay trail. Our group was joined by Konsti and Igor, two crazy awesome doctors who made our trip even more entertaining. I almost didn't get to hike the trail at all, but it somehow worked out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment